Potassium polyaspartate is the potassium salt of polyaspartic acid, produced from food grade L-aspartic acid and potassium hydroxide.
Polyaspartic Acid Potassium Salt (Potassium polyaspartate, CAS Number 64723-18-, is proposed for use as a stabiliser against tartrate crystal precipitation (anti-scaling additive) in wine (red, rosé and white wine), with a maximum use level of 300 mg/L and typical levels in the range of 100-200 mg/L.
Features & Functions:
• Strongly effective for tartrate stabilization in red and rosé wines: potassium polyaspartate interferes with the formation and growth of potassium bitartrate crystals, thus preventing their precipitation in bottle. It can stabilize highly unstable wines. Rapid and easy-to-use, is a great alternative to physical treatments (cooling, cations exchange resins and electrodialysis) and other stabilizing agents.
• Long-lasting stabilizing effect: It can stabilize wines for a few years.
• Environmentally sustainable: the use of Potassium polyaspartate to stabilize wines for tartrates consumes small amount of water, power and produces little greenhouse gases.
• Respectful of wine quality: no impact on wine sensory profile, less risk of oxidation, preservation of aromatics, color and wine structure.
• Practical, fast and easy: Its application does not require investment in special equipment or specific skilled labor.
Yuanlian Chemical specializes in the production of polyaspartic acid and tetrasodium iminodisuccinate, with stable quality and excellent quantity!