CAS Number: 144538-83-0
Molecular formula: C8H7NO8Na4
Molecular Weight: 337.102
- IDS sodium salt
- Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate
- Sodium Iminodisuccinate
- Iminodisuccinate Na-salt
- N-(1,2-Dicarboxyethyl)-DL-aspartic acid tetrasodium salt
- D,L-Aspartic acid, N-(1,2-dicarboxyethyl) tetra sodium salt
Tetrasodium iminodisuccinate, which is abbreviated as IDS-Na4, is an eco-friendly phosphorus-free chelating agent, used to replace the traditional chelating agent HEDP, EDTA, DTPA, NTA, etc.
1) Easily biodegradable, phosphorus-free, non-toxic and harmless to the ecosystem.
2) As a complexing agent and chelating agent, it has excellent compatibility, especially for the metal ion (such as Copper and Iron).
3) It has excellent stability to hydrogen peroxide H2O2, can be used as a stabilizer for hydrogen peroxide and oxygen bleaching.
4) Excellent compatibility, high pH resistance and strong alkali resistance, and high temperature resistance.
|Item||IDS-Na4 solution||IDS-Na4 powder|
|Appearance||Colorless to light yellow aqueous solution||White powder|
|pH value(1%aqueous solution)||＞7||＞7|
|Stacking density (Kg/Liter)||----||≥0.3|
As a chelating agent, it is used as a cleaning agent for alkaline earth metals and heavy metal ions. It is widely used in industrial cleaning agents, detergents, textile printing and dyeing auxiliaries, pulp and paper industry, hydrogen peroxide stabilizers, electronic chemicals, copper complexing agents, and ceramic industries. , Electroplating industry, extraction of soil heavy metal pollutants, soil trace element fertilizer chelating agent, etc.
In the field of traditional industrial circulating water, it is also used as water treatment agent, scale inhibitor, and water softener.
Hydrogen peroxide bleaching stabilizer:
IDS can be used for hydrogen peroxide bleaching in various processes, and has obvious synergistic and stabilizing effects, especially in high-temperature alkaline environments has excellent performance. It can complex with copper ions, iron ions, etc. which are decomposed by bleaching agents. In addition, the whiteness of the obtained product is much better than that of using traditional stabilizers. When mixed with sodium silicate, it can reduce the formation of silica scale.
Cleaning hard surfaces:
Used together with surfactants, can achieve very good results.Use in neutral cleaning agent, can remove rust and iron sulfide scale in metal pipeline network, especially recommended for natural gas pipeline cleaning.
Pulping and textile printing and dyeing:
It is generally added during water treatment to complex the metal ions in the water system to avoid the influence of metal ions on the dye.
It has a strong complexing (chelating) effect on multivalent color-developing metal ions, turning the color-developing metal ions into colorless water-soluble complexes, improving the whiteness of pulp in pulp and paper industry. It eliminates the influence of multivalent ions on the color rendering of dyes, so as to avoid color deviation and keep color’s stability in textile printing and dyeing industry.
Used in soaping agent:
- Used in soaping agent, it can increase the vividness of colors.
- Tetrasodium iminodisuccinate (IDS) can be used in soap formulations, which has stronger detergency than soap without IDS, because the adding of IDS can effectively shield metal ions’ effect on detergent washing performance;
- added to dishwashing detergent, the precipitation on surface of stainless steel is very less, and effect of second washing is higher.
Detergent auxiliaries and daily cleaning agents:
- As a degradable complexing agent, imino disuccinate sodium salt IDS can used in daily chemicals to complex metal ions, prevent or eliminate the turbidity of liquid daily chemical products, and maintain its clear and transparent state. Enhance the decontamination ability of product, increase the solubility of calcium-like ions, and enable the surfactant to function normally.
- The environmental protection property of IDS also increases its safety in daily washing products.
- IDS is completely biodegradable, non-toxic and harmless, and has good water solubility. It can be used in large-dose concentrated products. It is more convenient to use than EDTA under low temperature and high concentration conditions.
Anticorrosive preservation of light chemical products:
During storage, light chemical products generally suffer from deterioration problems such as oxidation, aging, solidification, discoloration, and strength reduction. These problems are all related to the catalysis of metal ions. IDS has a strong ability to chelate high-valent metal ions, which can effectively reduce the catalytic activity of metal ions and extend the shelf life of product. Moreover, when used in conjunction with fungicide, it can also improve the inhibitory effect on certain microorganisms and prevent product spoilage.
IDS forms stable water-soluble complex molecules with heavy metal ions, thereby reducing the oxidation catalysis of heavy metal ions on unsaturated fatty acids in cosmetics. Its biodegradability can provide safer product and reduce the risk of adverse skin reactions.
Trace elements in agriculture:
IDS can chelate all kinds of trace elements and supplement plant trace elements. Ionic trace elements are easy to react and deposit and solidify with other substances such as phosphate in the soil, while chelated trace elements can be quickly and directly absorbed by plants, and the utilization rate is high and effective. IDS chelated trace elements can be used alone or added to water-soluble fertilizer, foliar fertilizer, NKP, etc. Main products: imino disuccinic acid IDS chelated calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron, manganese, sodium, etc.